Last updated July 25, 2020
1. Policy Scope
2. Information We Collect
Dive focuses on using your personal information to provide and improve our Services, respond to your requests, service user accounts connected to our Services, provide you with services or information you may request, communicate with you, and inform you about new products and services that may be of interest and to improve our site. We collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide Us: First and Last Name, Photo, College Attended, Graduation Year, City, Personal Bio, Birthday, Answers to Profile Prompts, Phone Number, GPS Location, Email Address
- Information We Collect from Users of our Services: Amount of time spent on the app and each of its screens, Interactions with buttons and features in the app, App load time, App crashes, App latency, Number of groups and channels subscribed to, Number of groups and channels formed, Number of messages sent and received, Number of images sent and received, Number of emoticons sent and received, Number of events created, Number and type of responses to events, Events viewed, Events searched for
- Information We Collect from Third Parties: None
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information that we collect for any of the following purposes:
- Improve Service functionality and efficiency
- Provide, maintain and improve our services
- Provide assistance to users
- Personalize our services
- Measure and better understand Dive’s performance
- Communicate with users
- Protect users, the community, Dive and other legal reasons such as complying with applicable laws, assisting with law enforcement agencies if legally mandated, to find instances of abuse or misuse of Dive’s services or illegal activity, maintain security and safety when using our Services
4. Sharing Information
Dive does not sell your personal information. To better provide Services, Dive may share your personal information with other Users of the Services, third parties (like social networks), and Dive’s service providers.
We may share your information with third parties in other cases such as:
- If a government body requests information and we deemed it to be necessary to disclose such information in order to comply with applicable laws and legal processes;
- To cooperate with law enforcement or other government authorities as it relates to any investigations or other inquiries to the extent, we deem it necessary to protect either our users, the public, or Dive.
- To defend or pursue legal claims as required or permitted by law.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service.
- Responding to any legal process including court orders and search warrants.
- To detect or protect against fraud, security, technical or legal issues associated with the use of our Services.
- At any time that you consent to such sharing.
5. Controlling Your Information
You have control over the information that you share with Dive subject to certain limitations.
Dive’s Services have been built in a way to minimize the amount of information that is stored within them. Nonetheless, if you want to review, update, change or delete the information that you have shared with Dive, including deletion of your account, you may send a request to do so to email@example.com.
Even in the event that Dive deletes your information, Dive still may retain previous messages you sent and the profile associated with those messages. Dive may also retain certain information for legitimate business purposes such as maintenance of security of the Services or to comply with applicable laws or regulations, depending on the circumstances of such deletion. You understand and agree that Dive may have responsibility to law enforcement or other governmental entities or to its stakeholders, to maintain information if there is the possibility of any unsafe or illegal behavior to ensure the Services are not exploited in the future.
6. Do Not Track
Dive does not track its Users over time and across third party websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
7. Age Restrictions
Dive does not knowingly collect or solicit the personal information of anyone under the age of 13, even with a parent or guardian’s consent. Dive is not intended for children and in the event that Dive determines that a person under 13 has provided personal information, we will delete that information immediately.
9. Assignment, Change of Control and Transfer
10. Contact Us